Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Milkshake Booth


Today our club worked the 4-H milkshake booth.  Above is a picture of my sister, cousin and me before we worked.  In all we had 15 members of our club work in the booth.  We had an assembly line of people scooping ice cream, adding milk and flavor and then blending the delicious milkshakes.  The ingredients used in the milkshakes come from Smith Dairy, which is a local milk plant.  This was quite entertaining as my three brothers, sister, cousin, mom and I were all working at the same time.   My cousin had surgery on her foot and has a boot and crutches so we let her sit up front and take orders.  We worked for a total of six hours as fundraiser for our club. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Author Tessa Topp is a junior at Northwestern High School where she is active in volleyball, baskeball and softball.  She is a member of the Northwestern High School FFA chapter where she holds the office of Sentinel and particpates in dairy judging.  She is excited to test her judging skills this fall as her state winning FFA dairy judging team will be particpating in the American FFA association's national dairy judging contest!

1 comment:

  1. I love milkshakes! Stopping by the milkshake booth at the Wayne County Fair is always a must.

    I will say, the milkshake I had last night was delicious!

    ReplyDelete